Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

About This Blog

Hello all, Trevor here. When I was asked to create a blog for class, I had no idea what topic to write about. After much thought, I chose to write about the dangers of drinking and driving. I felt that this hit home because I was in an accident with a drunk driver at 10 in the morning one summer. It turned out this kid had too much to drink the night before and still was not sober enough to drive home. After countless months of physical therapy and almost dropping out of school, I am here today to show the how dangerous it is to drink and drive. With that said, I would also like to show the many different ways my community offers to get college students home safely.

While living on Notre Dame's campus with a few roommates, I have seen many students drink at parties and go out to the bar many times. Some walk to their next destination and some take cabs. These are the people I like to call "responsible drinkers." They are smart enough to know that getting behind the wheel and deciding to put someone else's life in danger is not worth the risk or the mental anguish. Then again, there are those that I have seen who say that they are good to drive home and that is where I get worried.

I will be using this blog to introduce the dangers of drinking and driving to college students. With so many fatalities around the country due to drinking and driving, I would like to show you ways in order to avoid a disastrous situation. I know with us being in college going to parties or the bar to drink is inevitable, but getting home from the party or a bar should never end in an injury, arrest or fatality. With the help from government-ran websites such as Mother's Against Drunk Driving and College Drinking, I will use statistics to better inform you of the risks we all take when we decide to drink.

Stay tuned, there is much more to come.

4 comments:

  1. Trevor,
    I think its fantastic that you are using a negative experience to a positive outcome. We can never be reminded too much to take drunk driving seriously. I always save the number of local cab companies in my phone just in case I can't drive for whatever reason. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trevor,
    I think its fantastic that you are using a negative experience to a positive outcome. We can never be reminded too much to take drunk driving seriously. I always save the number of local cab companies in my phone just in case I can't drive for whatever reason. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful. I definitely believe many people don't realize how drinking and driving can be life changing. Many college students assume, "Oh, it won't happen to me" or "I won't get pulled over". This is a great topic because many college students are still under the age of 21 and can benefit from the extra information about drinking and driving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is terrible hearing about drunk driving, and how often it seems to happen. I would appreciate learning about different services available to call. Even though I rarely go out to public places and drink. However, if I do end up ever needing a ride, or someone else needs one it would help to know what is available. I am also curious to see different statistics you find.

    ReplyDelete